2.23.2007

Inspiration

Yesterday brought a new found realization of the sheer number of artists and graphic designers who have just very recently taken up letterpress and founded their own printshops. While I'm, of course, excited at the enormous enthusiasm that the art has generated, I'm also feeling just a wee bit territorial.

Then I got an email notification of the feature of our "Postmark" save the date card as "New and Noteworthy" in the early summer issue of Home Companion Magazine. Just the pick-me-up the doctor ordered!



I topped off the day with some printing - it was the cover for a memorial keepsake book, and accompanying bookmark. I'm especially partial to the boat that went onto the back cover. The font was originally a Black Adder, very pirate-like, but in the end the clients decided on something more traditional.

No comments: