9.13.2009

Brimfield: the good, the bad, and the ugly

Last week I took a trip out to Brimfield with some friends and the baby. It was a beautiful day and always fun to walk through the endless aisles of knick-knacks, doo-dads and treasures. I didn't leave with too much (a few picture frames, some display pieces for fairs, and a wooden cart for the girl) but here are some of the highlights of the show, at least for me.



This is the toy car I (regretfully) passed up. Since my husband is from NYC, and that's where we spent a good number of years, I'll definitely have to find another of these before the girl is old enough to ride in it. How completely adorable!



I love the aesthetic of big traditional clocks and this one was no exception. One day...



There were several tents and tables that were simply beautiful to look at. This tent really caught my eye with the overwhelming amalgam of white furniture - such a bright happy tent.



Another vintage ribbon seller arranged her wares by color - lovely tableaus!



One of the only letterpress finds of the day was this proof press - but the cost was too high ($2500) and really, we don't need a hand-inked press in the shop. Still, it has only slight surface rust and with a little elbow grease it would be a beaut in no time.



It would be just divine to find some salvage stained glass windows like these to install into a home - either as a proper window in a dun-drenched home, or hung and backlit in a great room.



Matt found a very large mallet.



I'm not sure why, but I kept stumbling upon gilded chairs upholstered in animal prints.





A small man (a hobbit, perhaps?) carved into a tree stump



I don't even know what to say about this one:



Neither good nor bad, no tent or table was complete without the requisite typecase.





Until next year.

No comments: