11.10.2011

Greetings from 2012 - Rio


I wanted a South American city to round out the calendar and Matt suggested Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Everything I found added up to an impossibly complicated and inspirational place.


The favelas, or shanty towns, have a captivating quality to them that I find somehow beautiful, but for the representative postcard image of the place, I didn't feel it quite appropriate. And with so many other gorgeous options, I was okay with that.


Also Matt's suggestion, I took a good hard look at the tiled boardwalks of the Copacabana and Ipanema beaches. How amazing is this?


If there are songs about it, then a nice beach-y scene seemed a great place to land for our postcard image - especially for December (cold up north, but full on summer down in Brazil).


Our 2012 postcard calendar is now for sale in our Etsy shop. We will also it for sale at all of our holiday markets listed in the sidebar.

No comments: